Insurance Regulatory Accounts and Returns Seminar
To expose participants to the practical challenges of complying with the provisions of the Insurance Act and emerging issues in Insurance Supervision.
- Regulatory role of the commissioner of insurance.
- Solvency, composition/structure of assets and liabilities
- Investments and investments returns
- How to match investments with liabilities
- Statutory returns
- How returns are to be prepared section 5911, 5912, life business
- Consistency of the returns
- Various returns required by the Commissioner
- Format of returns
- Review of accounting process as it relates to statutory returns
- Expenses (section 50)
- Management expenses
- Expense not charged to any particular fund or account
- Acquisition costs
- Different classes of business and their layout in Financial Statements.
- Need for reinsurance
- How to make a reinsurance programme
- Retention capacity
- Monitoring retention
- Lien (Deposits with CBK) Section 32
- Conflict management between claims, accounts and underwriting departments of insurance companies.
- Emerging issues in insurance supervision
- Risk based solvency
- New accounts (IFRC)
- Cooperate governance
- Claims and complaints
Underwriting/Claims Managers and their assistants, Accountants, Auditors and other Senior Staff responsible for preparing returns required under the Insurance Act.
How to apply
All candidates must follow the application steps where they provide their details and select units. An invoice will be sent to the email address of the applicant with payment instructions.