Operational Excellence for Insurance Professionals
This course presents financial services from the perspective of a company’s operations management. This course focuses on practical techniques to accomplish the everyday tasks of providing financial services as efficiently as possible.
- Define approaches companies use to improve operational efficiency, including automation and process improvements, offering desirable working conditions, providing job-relevant training and education, and using controls effectively.
- Discuss the decision process and decision criteria that are appropriate in an environment of uncertainty, as well as different types of data distributions, such as a frequency distribution, normal, and non-normal distribution.
- Explain the goals and activities of quality management, and describe how quality management achieves greater operational efficiency by establishing clear accountability and empowering employees.
- Describe the importance of real-time managing in the inbound call center environment, and understand key performance indicators for contact centers, including call quality, first-contact resolution, forecast accuracy, and average call value.
- Describe the insurance regulatory environment in the United States, and discuss the role of self-regulatory organizations (SROs) and professional organizations in defining regulatory standards.
- Discuss how privacy regulations and regulatory requirements apply to financial service company operations, specifically accounting, financial reporting, auditing, and technology.
- Introduction to Operational Excellence for Insurance Companies
- Aligning Performance with Corporate Initiatives
- Leadership for Performance Excellence
- Motivation and Teamwork for Organizational Success
- Decisions and Approaches to Decision Making
- Business Research in Financial Services
- Decision Models and Payoff Tables
- Quantitative Modeling for Financial Services
- Descriptive and Inferential Statistics for Operations
- Quality and Quality Management
- Business Process Excellence in Financial Services
- Managing for Excellence in Contact Centers
- External Requirements for Operations
- Project Management in Financial Services Companies
How to apply
All candidates must follow the application steps where they provide their details and select units. An invoice will be sent to the email address of the applicant with payment instructions.